Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hello, My Name Is....




  I've been reading Cool and Collected for some time now, but until a nice guy who goes by The Goodwill Geek suggested that I join up with The League of Extraordinary Bloggers, I simply skulked around in the background, reading but never commenting, flying under radar. But that ends today! With the current topic in place, and a 2 week deadline, I made up my mind to do this. (Although I still almost missed it) But, I am here now, so let's get busy!

Hello, my name is… Tell us a little about yourself — even if we all know who you are, there are plenty of new folks wondering if you’re in fact a dog.


  Hi, everybody! I am Natural Blonde Killer, although that isn't what my parents call me. They named me Robin, which means that I have spent my entire life listening to Batman "jokes." (If I had a nickle for every time someone said, "You're Robin? Where's Batman?" my husband and I would be retired on a sailboat right now) I also go by Rogue, which a friend dubbed me with about 14 or 15 years ago, and is the name that I normally use online. 

  I live in SC, in an historic coastal town that has been used in many movies throughout the years. I've met several celebrities thanks to that, but I'm not one to get all crazy-excited over people who I see on a big screen. They're just people, after all, some of them a hell of a lot nicer than others.

  I grew up with a love of horror, something that my parents always supported, and a passion for books. I was almost cripplingly shy for the first 10 - 12 years of my life, and to this day I still sometimes have anxiety when walking into a crowded room, or having to make conversation with someone I don't know.

  I'm married to fantastic guy whom I call "Alaska" in my other blog (cuz, he's from Alaska) and we share a mutual love of books, superheroes, and plundering through flea markets, antique stores, and the Goodwill (I envy some of you and your fantastic Goodwill finds, our store sucks eggs) We have an American Staffordshire Terrier named Oliver Queen (yes, named after the Green Arrow. Alaska is a huge comic book fan and collector, although I was the one who named the dog) 

  A couple of years ago, I set up a few blogs as a way to help me keep up with some writing. Unfortunately, those blogs just sat there, getting moldy and stinking up the joint. Then, one day, I was thumbing through one of my many notebooks and came upon a bunch of lists I had made, dropped the number of items from 8 to 3, and wham! bam! Threes was born. It's mostly movie lists, but I do veer off into books, toys, and music, at times. I have one other blog, "Mario Goes....", which I'm not linking here since there is only one post. I am happy to say that Mario should be back to posting within the next month. 

  Now, here we are at the Happy Haunted Sunshine House, which I set up primarily to join The League. There will be other things posted here, eventually. Things that don't fit the format of Threes . Random things. Happy things.

  So, there you go, a little bit about me, and mine. I thank anyone and everyone for reading!



Check these guys out, too!




  



8 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Glad to see that Mr. Goodwill Geek recruited you into the fold. And I'm looking forward to seeing more posts [both here and over at Threes, as well] from you. Welcome to The League..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I'm just strong-arming everyone into the League it seems lately!

    Seriously though I was so excited to see you post! LOVE your blog, Threes, and I can't wait to see what you do over here too! I hope you keep coming back to the League!

    I am paid... like as a job... to talk to people. I train new people in how to do their job. But I HATE talking to people. If it wasn't a professional requirement, I would never talk to people at all. In fact, people always seem surprised because I have the out-going, loud and ridiculous persona I bandy about. But really I'd rather make a joke in front of thirty people and leave 'em laughing than to stop and talk to just one of them directly afterwards. I can't do small talk. Like to a psychotic degree. People get really uncomfortable around me after the first few minutes because it's so obvious how anti-social I tend to be. Not in a mean way... just in a hermit-unused-to-social-interaction way. I'm like Nell. They're all like: "Hot weather we're having!" and I'm all: "Sway-inna-wind-chicka-pea!" Until they give up and go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I just sat here and laughed so hard at that Nell reference that I gave myself the hiccups. That was too funny!

      I understand the job thing- I worked for our local YMCA for about 7 years, and I worked myself up from front desk to finance director at our second branch- both jobs which required me to talk to people ALL THE TIME. And I was good at it, because it wasn't small talk I had to make, it was just talking to people about programs and advertising and finance crap. But lord help me if the person was from out of town and decided to ask my opinion on a restaurant or something. Then I was suddenly a bumbling idiot.

      Thanks! And thanks for suggesting I join The League!

      Delete
  3. Always glad to welcome a fellow east-coaster to the League. Welcome aboard!
    I certainly feel your pain with being named after a celebrity. Of course, it could always be worse (Michael Bolton).

    ReplyDelete
  4. East siiIIIde! Although I'm northeastern :)

    Welcome to the League. You had me at Haunted Mansion wallpaper!

    One of my two cats is named Oliver, after the Green Arrow (Smallville incarnation).

    Brian, I actually worked for someone named Michael Bolton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been reading through your blog this morning, and really enjoying it.

      Delete